Travel Video PostCard™
Social media platforms have changed the way people get their information; to keep your message fresh, you need to stay current with the most relevant examples. The travel industry is a prime example. People no longer read magazines and newspapers to learn about destinations. They watch video instead. New Media Travel took an aggressive approach to establishing itself as the premier broadcaster of travel content.
To address this emerging interest in travel videos, CMTv established a YouTube broadcast channel for a series of 1-minute video “postcards.” The videos feature scripts and voiceovers by well-known travel writer Kaleel Sakakeeny and exceptional photography by Wendie Hanson. The videos are a mélange of video and still images that are treated with the “Ken Burns” effect to look like video.
The videos are tweeted from New Media Travel, embedded on the company’s Facebook page and blog, and sent to more than 33,000 travel professionals as an email newsletter. The videos are also linked within stories, postings and blogs that are created by New Media Travel for TripAdvisor, Travel Weekly, Technorati and Foursquare creating additional value to the written materials.
In addition to providing video magazine content, New Media Travel and CMTv also produce videos for travel clients and have been very successful at driving traffic to third party websites using annotations and VSEO techniques.
- The Travel Video PostCard™ YouTube Channel has more than 275 videos
- The TVP channel has more than 2,000 subscribers and more than 5 million views
- TVP is the largest video contributor to Trip Advisor and Travel Weekly.
- TVP videos are embedded in over 1.5 million webpages worldwide
- NMT has been chosen by Ireland Tourism to create more than 20 videos which will include distributed playlists on more than 6 syndicated video channels, next generation video overlays and VSEO for exhibits and tradeshows.
CMTv excels in the creation of on-line specific videos, innovative distribution and viral marketing initiatives. The Travel Video PostCard YouTube Channel has gained the reputation that allowed New Media Travel to attract and secure the two largest entities in travel, the travel consumer’s TripAdvisor, and the travel professionals, Travel Weekly.